Lead Mechanical Engineer
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be able to lead projects to design custom automated equipment from concept to completion. You will lead all design and build activities on given projects and collaborate with Project Managers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, and Customers.
- Lead the concept, design, fabrication, component selection, assembly, troubleshooting, and final qualification of custom automated equipment
- Review and approve concept, budget, and schedule of projects while meeting project milestones
- Define, verify, and execute project station concept, build, and fabrication
- Create project and workload schedules for engineering and build teams to optimize project completion
- Provide technical direction to Engineers, Fabricators, Technicians, and Project Managers as needed
- Participate and lead design reviews with internal teams and/or customers and, when needed, visit customers to determine technical and applications requirements
- Support C&Q requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a related degree
- 7+ years of experience in custom automated machinery design, with at least 2 years of experience in a senior or lead role
- Strong technical acumen in Solidworks and AutoCAD design
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.