POSITION: Pipeline Estimator
REPORTS TO: Director of Pipeline Operations & Estimating
JOB PURPOSE: This individual will be responsible for developing full cost estimates for Distribution and Transmission pipeline work.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and qualifies all cost factors such as time, labor, materials, equipment, engineering, manufacturing, delivery, and other expenses to generate accurate estimates.
- Researches blueprints, specifications, and technical documents to determine accurate estimations.
- Consults with customers, vendors, and personnel from other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepares estimates and supporting documentation used by management for the purpose of planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Makes estimates where predetermined standards are not available.
- Reviews estimates in accordance with the company’s quote policy and other internal controls.
- Confers with contractors, subcontractors, and management on changes and adjustments to estimates.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Department with invoicing, auditing material, charge-outs, purchasing department and material credit accuracy.
- Informs management team of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure 5 Key Safety Elements are followed.
- Educational and field gas experience includes: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field experience. Minimum of 5-8 years of pipeline construction estimating. Working knowledge of field construction means & methods or equivalent combination of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of working with T&M, Unit Rates and Lump Sum environments and in estimating large pipeline projects.
- Basic estimating software knowledge preferred.
- Good computer skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is essential.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS:
- Manage all estimating functions of the division.
- Ability to perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Very strong attention to detail.