Director of Finance
The Director of Finance will be responsible for leading the organization’s financial strategy and plans that positions the Company to be world class.
- Builds the financial strategy for the organization.
- Build financial plans and models including Forecasts, Annual Budgets, Strategic Plan Financials and Capital Plans that align to the Company’s strategy to balance long term needs with short term priorities to drive growth and exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Clearly communicate financial strategy progress throughout the organization, including tracking key metrics, partnering with Company Leadership team to communicate to the Company’s Executive Leadership and creating opportunities for employees to understand how they contribute and fit within the strategy.
- Provide proactive business decision support by building a Finance team capable of analyzing and providing recommendations to support business decisions and to improve operations.
- Direct all aspects of the Company’s financial operations, overseeing all activities related to general ledger, cost accounting/inventory management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial planning and financial reporting. Ensure controls are in place and records are maintained to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and the Company’s corporate policy. Ø Builds and leads a talented team.
- Build and develop a high-performing team with the capability to deliver the Company’s strategy.
- Proactively drive talent development and succession strategies.
- Serve as a strong executive leader who inspires, mentors, motivates, and partners across the organization.
- Create and manage a department structure, operating standards, and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving needs from both internal and external customers.
- Manage employee performance by establishing clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance challenged in a prompt and professional manner.
- Foster a culture that promotes innovation, customer focus, and exceptional service while driving individual accountability and integrity.
- Measures results and performance.
- Responsible for budgeting, analysis, and reporting to the executive leadership team to evaluate results in terms of cost, budget, operating policies, trends, increased profit opportunities.
- Constantly seek out cost reduction opportunities as well as areas of productivity and process improvement.
- Ensure the company is meeting customer service expectations, cost and quality considerations.
- Responsible for financial management processes, metrics and issue identification, resolution, and/or escalation of matters as necessary.
- Lead the team to comply with the external audit processes
- Ensure the company operates in strict compliance with federal/state regulations and requirements as well as corporate policies.
- Drive the Finance team to continuously improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively collaborate with other departments to improve effectiveness, efficiency, data reporting quality and service delivery.
- Be transformative. Is willing to look at new ways forward, recognizing the magnitude of change across the industry which brings immense opportunity. Wants the opportunity to transform a business and truly lead the vision, strategy and plan.
- Team leader and builder. A leader with excellent management skills, who excels at building and developing people and teams, as well as being an integral part of the team. An individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Does the right thing. Possesses high ethical standards including honesty, integrity, dedication, and leadership. Cares for and focuses on the needs of others.
- Strives for accountability. Develops operational plans and manages resources, taking accountability for the outcomes.
- Results-driven. Able to translate the vision of the organization into actionable plans. Can build organizational capability to support these objectives.
- Strong business acumen. Knowledgeable about how businesses work, market trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and lead change.
- Educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor. An excellent negotiator with experience on a variety of business contracts.
- Capable of making difficult and complex decisions quickly, with data. Ability to measure productivity, control process improvement and enhance quality Training/Education/Experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an applicable field (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Advanced Degree (MS,MBA) desired
- 15+ years experience with increasing leadership responsibility within Finance
- Manufacturing industry experience within a multi-location organization desired