Manager of Risk
Title: Manager of Risk
Location: Hybrid (Golden Valley, MN)
SkyWater Search Partners has been engaged in the search for a Manager of Risk for an established organization that is consistently ranked among the top construction managers and general contractors in the nation. In this redefined position, you will play a prominent role in the overall strategy and evaluation of the policies that protect the future risks to the company’s operation.
This role will partner with the VP of Risk Management in support of operations, continuous improvement and management of financial risk. You will refine and oversee the education and training aspects of risk management programs, policies, and practices. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career growth.
- Champions the responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free culture
- Analyzes and provide recommendations for improvement to insurance policies, programs and manuals
- Collaborates and oversees the third party vendor relationships and pre-qualification process
- Negotiates and strategizes on forward thinking principals impactful to company’s growth
- Review of subcontractor management strategies and development of changes for high-risk subcontractors
- Controls and administers the corporate insurance programs for all lines of coverage, as well as the review and negotiation of OCIP policies and manuals
- Presents detailed risk assessments by analyzing documents, statistics, reports and market trends
- Partner with IT or Legal team members to support subcontractor management reporting systems.
- Possesses a deep understanding of claims management process and supports the teams working on non-litigated general liability, workers’ compensation and other insured claims
- 9+ years of professional experience in any combination of risk management, insurance brokerage, or underwriting
- 5+ years construction specific experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, business administration, finance, insurance, or related discipline
- Risk management or insurance related certification such as CPCU, CRIS, ARM, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to understand project insurance requirements and evaluate and negotiate coverages
- Strong communication and partnership skills to leverage and build relationships
- Confidence to have transparent and candid conversations while maintaining high standards of integrity
- General understanding of legal contract documentation and compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships
- Developed skills (written, oral and listening) to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.