Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, this position is responsible for conveyor design projects from concept through successful field operation, as well as providing engineering support on current projects.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Works with internal and external partners to develop solutions and then with cross functional teams to specify design parameters and finished product goals.
- Provides design and product analysis to meet customers specifications, emphasizing design for manufacturability.
- Researches and analyzes data to determine feasibility of design and validates that it meets design intent as well as performance specifications.
- Takes projects from concept to engineering, determining appropriate process methods and recommending materials, based on product requirements.
- Prepares shop-floor ready 3D models and detailed engineer drawings. Works with shop floor employees to overcome any assembly or testing issues.
- Tests prototypes, finalizes designs and documents, identifies and corrects any weaknesses in products.
- Keeps leadership apprised of work and ongoing issues. Requires work related travel up to 10% of the time for Sales and Service support, equipment evaluation, and design follow-up.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and 7 plus years of product design experience,
- OR significant years of experience in similar industries with a preference for food and/or material handling.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.