Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Engineer will utilize Solidworks to design automated fabrication equipment. You will be expected to possess a baseline knowledge of equipment such as mills, lathes, presses, grinders, plasma cutters, and/or routers with a working knowledge of automation design. Every piece of equipment you will be designing can be considered a snowflake and is 100% customized based on our customers’ needs.
Our client has seen steady growth over the past few years under new ownership and is on track to more than double their growth in 2024.
- Utilize Solidworks to model mechanical drawings from scratch using GD&T standards
- Collaborate and communicate with customers, sales, and management to understand customer requirements for custom orders
- Reverse engineer existing equipment to determine components and specifications for equipment and machine upgrades
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience utilizing Solidworks
- Professional experience designing mechanically automated equipment including any of the following: conveyors, HMI/OIT interface, sensors, instruments, I/O modules, digital controls, or CNC machinery
- Experience from a machine building or machine shop setting is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of machine building and fabrication processes including shop equipment, measurement & quality tools, and assembly processes.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.