Mechanical Engineer II
If you are looking for a role that encourages creativity and thinking outside the box, please keep reading. This company is recognized is an industry leader in their space, and are always looking to push their products/brand forward. Along with competitive pay, they also provide flexible PTO and 401(k) contributions. If being a part of a collaborative and creative team is something that interests you, let’s chat.
- Researches advanced technologies in the market, follows industry specific technology trends, and leads new product development.
- Provides expert-level technical leadership to the business unit’s engineering team throughout development and design phases, and additionally provides technical expertise to other business units throughout the organization.
- Works on diverse projects, acts as a technical lead and mentor advising design engineers throughout the project, and problem solves critical technical issues encountered.
- Provides expertise throughout the product life-cycle, from initial concept to a fielded product.
- Oversees and leads prototype generation. Evaluates prototype design, functionality, performance and reliability.
- Formulates and submits development, unit and tooling cost estimations.
- Ensures prints, documentation, and testing verification methods are in place to properly source and approve the product.
- Reviews and documents technical feasibility evaluations, qualification, field and competitive testing to verify compliance to design.
- Reviews and communicates testing results and required corrective actions. Follows up to ensure compliance to corrective action plan.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in engineering with technical expertise in more than one or more areas of specialty and advanced design experience in product development.
- Demonstrated skills and experience functioning as a technical expert and leader to ensure successful development and design and profitable products.
- Expertise in managing projects from concept development to implementation and evaluation. Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities to effectively provide direction, guidance and motivation to engineers.
- Expert level proficiency in engineering of relevant products or process development processes.
- Ability to organize and present complex technical and project management overviews without assistance.
- Demonstrates well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish highly functional relationships with diverse personalities, both within and outside the company. Skills in working effectively on cross-functional teams.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.