Local chemical manufacturer committed to producing high-quality products for various industries. With a strong focus on LEAN principles, process development, and continuous improvement, we strive for operational excellence and sustainable growth. We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Operations Director to join our team and have oversight of our 3 manufacturing facility.
Job Summary: As the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our chemical manufacturing plant. You will lead a team of professionals and ensure that production targets are met efficiently and safely. Your primary focus will be on implementing LEAN methodologies, driving process development initiatives, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement throughout the facility.
1. Leadership and Team Management: o Provide strong leadership to the plant operations team, ensuring alignment with company goals and values. o Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and employee engagement. o Set performance goals and expectations, and provide coaching and feedback to drive individual and team development. 2. LEAN Implementation and Process Development: o Champion LEAN principles and methodologies, actively identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities. o Streamline production processes to optimize efficiency, reduce waste, and improve overall productivity. o Lead cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of standardized work procedures and best practices. 3. Continuous Improvement: o Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track plant performance and identify areas for improvement. o Analyze production data, identify trends, and implement corrective actions to improve efficiency and quality. 4. Safety and Compliance: o Ensure a safe work environment by promoting and enforcing safety protocols and regulations. o Collaborate with the safety team to conduct regular audits, inspections, and training sessions. o Maintain compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety regulations. 5. Budgeting and Resource Management: o Identify capital expenditure needs and work closely with the finance department to justify and prioritize investments. o Monitor production schedules, raw material availability, and equipment maintenance to ensure seamless operations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, or similar related field. (Or Associates degree with 10+ years of related experience)
- Proven experience as a Plant Manager or in a similar leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of LEAN principles, process development, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence and improve productivity through process optimization.
- Experience in managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of safety, regulatory compliance, and environmental standards in the chemical industry.
- Proficiency in using manufacturing software and systems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. If you are a results-oriented professional with a passion for LEAN manufacturing, process development, and continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply for the role of Plant Manager. Join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping our manufacturing operations for success and sustainable growth.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.