Outside Sales Engineer
My client is a MN-based automation company with a strong presence throughout the Midwest. They sell automation and assembly solutions to a variety of industries and OEMs.
The team is hiring an Outside Sales Engineer to manage accounts and grow business throughout central and eastern Iowa.. They are targeting candidates with strong sales acumen, and experience with automation is highly desirable (but not a requirement). The role requires travel throughout the territory. Some limited overnight travel will be required (15% or less).
The company offers competitive compensation through base salary & commission, travel and accommodation reimbursement, comprehensive benefits, and a fantastic company culture. Most employees have been at the company for over 25 years!
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and customers
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
- Track sales leads and customer accounts using CRM software
- Educate customers on how products and services can benefit them financially and professionally
- Sell company products and services within your given territory
- Monitor company's competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand customer needs
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 or 4 year Technical Degree preferred (Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
- 2-4+ years of professional experience required
- Experience with automation or assembly tools desirable
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM programs
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.