Payroll and HRIS Lead
SkyWater is partnering with a successful and growing holding company as they look to hire a strong Payroll and HRIS professional to their Human Resources team. This business is headquartered in Minnesota with 20+ portfolio companies located across the United States.
The Payroll and HRIS Lead will have significant responsibility for streamlining, optimizing and managing the company’s payroll processes at the holding company level and will serve as a consultant to the portfolio companies as needed. This person will also play a critical role in implementing a new HRIS system, and ensure consistent policies/practices across the organization.
This is an “office first” working environment with plenty of flexibility to work from home as needed. The company culture is upbeat, collaborative and very down-to-earth.
- Provide direction and expertise in a customer service-oriented fashion to the individuals who process payroll for the 20+ distinct portfolio companies
- Leverage technology and proactively identify ways to streamline and simplify processes
- Serve as subject matter expert for Payroll, and HR Systems Reporting, Analytics and Business Intelligence, utilizing other Company resources as appropriate, including Accounting, Finance, ERP/Business Systems and Business Leaders and Accounting
- Develop and produce required and requested payroll reports, ensuring accurate, meaningful and timely information
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing payroll for a multi-state company with 500+ employees
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a Human Capital Management system. Experience with a system implementation is preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll laws/requirements in all 50 states
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Experience within a shared-services setting
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certificate preferred
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.