SkyWater Search Partners is partnering with a private equity-backed retail company to find their next Payroll Manager. This role is based on site, with the intention to progress to a hybrid-model in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative candidate that is hungry for growth and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has in-house and multi-state experience in retail, hospitality, or restaurant industries. This position will sit on the Finance team and report to the Controller.
If you are a passionate in payroll and want to join an organization where you can truly make an impact, this could be a great opportunity for you! If you are interested, please apply online or reach out to Yanna Svensen at email@example.com
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s objective to continue executing on its growth plan and improve its industry-leading position. This role is an individual contributor role, with the goal to eventually take on additional platforms and build out a team underneath them.
- Ability to meet payroll deadlines
- Oversee the resolution of employee inquiries, wage data, and payroll adjustments keeping employee experience at the forefront
- Remaining organized and detail oriented in an everchanging workplace
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal departments (Finance and HR) to ensure accurate reporting, the identification of system improvements, and recommendations to leadership on solutions
- Oversee both quarterly and annual tax returns across federal, state, and local jurisdictions
- Successfully maintain a relationship with third-party vendors
- Proven success in leadership, coaching and feedback to appropriate parties
- Practice working with employees across the organization to assist with employee relations for all things payroll and benefits
- Readiness to identify issues as they arise and handle them properly
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources, or related field
- 5+ years of experience running payroll in a multi-state capacity
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent understanding of HRIS / Payroll system (Paycom)
- CEBS, CPP or equivalent certifications
- Knowledge of tax compliance, human resources, and other regulatory rules
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite or related software (Excel)
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.