Pipeline Project Manager
Pipeline Project Manager
The Pipeline Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of various pipeline related projects throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia including hiring and managing employees, maintaining operational aspects in line with budget including vehicles, equipment, and key subcontractors. Will also have new business development and client relationship management responsibilities in addition to overseeing project start-up and closure.
This position will be required to perform the following functions:
- Develops positive relationships with customers' personnel on the site including Project Managers, Schedulers, Project Controls Specialists, and Construction Managers
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to assigned personnel. Provides coaching and reinforcement to grow and develop high performing teams
- Develops a positive relationship and collaborates with the Superintendent on project issues with regards to budget and scheduling
- Coordinates with the Superintendent on required equipment, materials and tooling for the project
- Leads the Company’s core safety values and project specific safety requirements
- Tracks and organizes quality metrics from the field for reporting
- Develops project schedules in collaborate with the Superintendent and in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develops mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field; and updates the schedule regularly
- Collaborates with the Superintendent to identify any variances from the baseline and determines appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage
- Communicates schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customer and gains approval including any compensation component
- Develops project schedules in collaboration with the Superintendent and in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones
- Develops project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units and developing cost codes for tasks/units
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing the installation of complex pipeline projects including high pressure gas and liquid transmission pipelines ranging in size, pump and compressor stations, valve stations, and general pipeline upgrades
- Proven ability to successfully manage assigned projected to meet or exceed project schedule and fee estimate
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to mentor and interface effectively with assigned staff
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.