Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Our client is an 80-employee family owned manufacturer in southern Minnesota, and they are looking for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to join their team. 2nd shift is Monday-Thursday from 4pm-2am.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, ensuring the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards, and customer specification and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Fill in for production where needed (subassembly, CNC, drilling, cutting, etc.)
- May design and build custom orders and do repairs.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Develop, recommend, and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Act as a resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work issues and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain departmental supplies, tools, and order as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as time cards, quality records, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years relevant production experience with 1+ years of supervisory or lead experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- Accomplished leader who builds, motivates and is part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding production objectives.
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.