Looking for an opportunity to lead a local Project Management division? Our client is a local branch of a global leader in manufacturing and delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. If you are someone with a strong process background looking to lead a team of project managers this could be a role for you!
- Leading the Project Management division, and Managing a quantity of contracted new development and R&D Projects.
- Oversight of Project Managers and Project Portfolio in a custom project environment.
- Develop strong relationships with internal clients, Engineering, Systems & Controls staff and peers to define project goals, timelines and identifying and deploying resources to meet target completion dates.
- Ensure projects are defined, tracked, and executed in a consistent and effective manner that maximizes project success.
- Develops and maintains best practices for project management, risk management, contract management. Implements metrics and provides feedback, implements corrective actions needed.
- Drive to full implementation of project management tools and methodologies that mesh with systems within each functional group, ensuring everyone on each team is utilizing the appropriate tools and methods to most efficiently and effectively execute their roles.
- Directly engages in managing and resolving critical customer situations that arise on complex projects.
- Enabler who creates and supports structures and processes so that innovation can happen, steering the entire innovation process with appropriate innovation management methods.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, and PMP.
- Experience: Minimum 15 years’ experience in a complex, technical environment in engineering/manufacturing or project management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing an engineering or project management group.
- Good knowledge of industry best practices for new product development and project management methods.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction resource needs; fast perception and learning ability is important.
- Track record of successful project management and team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of quality and design engineering, manufacturing, specifications, testing and inspections.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.