SkyWater is partnering with a reputable, mid-size construction company looking to add a Project Accountant to their team. Not only is this company a leader in their industry, but they have consistently been growing year after year. They are looking for someone who is eager to take the next step in their career and advance to a role where you can be a part of the entire Accounting process and own the responsibilities for multiple projects. On top of their growth and the high level of exposure and variety in this role, the company also has a very solid leadership team and a fun, laidback, and collaborative culture.
- Ensure projects are set up correctly (i.e. taxable status, estimated margin)
- Obtain budgets for the projects and enter into system
- Hold pre-billing meeting with Project Manager to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Invoicing related to the assigned projects
- Investigate situations where the invoice exceeds the PO
- Project billing: prepare job billings for Project Manager, ensure billings are properly sent by contractual deadlines, review listing of unbilled work order costs weekly
- Review collections report weekly and follow up on collections
- Project-Closeout: follow/track retention through payment and complete proper documentation to ensure timely payment
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of AR and/or AP Accounting experience required
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Great communication skills and able to work across different departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.