SkyWater Search Partners is working with a Chicagoland mechanical contractor hiring a Mechanical Project Engineer or Project Manager to over see installation of mechanical building systems including HVAC, piping and plumbing and be the liaison with all project shareholders. Project Managers will have the added role of business development.
- Abbreviated Responsibilities Include
- Estimate and bid jobs
- Evaluate takeoffs and evaluate information provided by the estimating team
- Understand contracts to discern buyouts and budget vs. street quote, discounted and buy
- Manage project from team coordination to project close out, including documentation
- Be on top of scheduling ad project budget
- Lead project meetings
- Work with equipment and supply vendors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree Mechanical Engineering, Building Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related major is required
- 3+ years construction project experience including:
- Experience developing schedule of values, forecasting and billing cycles
- Solid understanding of accounting functions including the ability to understand and issue purchase orders, cost codes and difference job types, including whether a project is taxable vs non-taxable
- Understand cash flow importance, retention negotiation and follow-up; understand the relationship between schedule and cost Travel is required to local job sites, so this position will receive a monthly car allowance and is bonus eligible.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.