If you're looking to work in a tight knit privately held distribution company, you've come to the right role. In this role you will have the opportunity to work directly with the Operations Director on a day to day basis while leading the purchasing and inventory team. This is a growing company with opportunity for personal and career growth.
- Procuring of all supply chain materials and the management of the purchasing team.
- Development of negotiation strategies and plans.
- Review and approval of purchase order compliance.
- Managing inventory levels and effectively communicating stock-out situations.
- Maintaining company SKUs.
- Oversee the effective implementation and daily use of purchasing software for team members.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work well in team environments as well as individually.
- Identifying and liquidating surplus and excess stock.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5- 7 years purchasing/managerial experience.
- Experience creating SOP’s for purchasing team and delivering on KPI’s.
- Proven project management experience in managing and/or facilitating a team.
- Strong background working cross functionally with finance, engineering, marketing, and other business functions.
- General understanding of the lean/Six Sigma practices and processes.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.