The Supply Chain and Planning Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. SC Manager will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors and help the company develop strategies to reduce costs and increase efficiency, productivity, planning, working capital, and safety. The ideal candidate will have the agility to lead the entire manufacturing operations.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy of a highly engineered casted and machined products
- Determine due diligence requirements in the supplier selection process and ensure development plans are in place with key suppliers to ensure Quality, Cost and Delivery targets are met
- Reviews open purchase order reports and monitors the suppliers on time delivery and quality performance, taking appropriate action to assure requirements are met.
- Monitors inventory by supplier and works to reduce excess, no demand and obsolete inventory.
- Conducts supplier on-site visits to evaluate capabilities, quality processes and to build a partnering relationship.
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment, and delivery, and returns on products
- Determine key supply chain KPIs
- Develop the MRP capability within the business to align with production planning and Customer requirements
- Ensure the necessary supplier contracts/framework agreements are in place and maintained
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders
- Buying and purchasing of components both domestically and internationally
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Previous experience with Supply Chain Management is essential
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP, MRP/ERP, SL8 etc.)
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.