QUALITY MANAGER – FOOD PRODUCTION/MANUFACTURING
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the Company’s quality management system program within the ISO 9001:2015 standards, including maintenance of ISO 9001:2015 certification. The Quality Manager will assure that our products and processes are managed in a consistent manner with all relevant standards, customer specifications, production requirements and service obligations. In addition, they maintain and update all quality control training programs and documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
Oversee Quality Management Control Systems
- Work closely with the leadership team to determine quarterly control objectives and goals.
- Develop and analyze data and production specifications to determine expected standards.
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards, including creating, documenting, and implementing applicable inspection criteria and procedures.
- Conduct and manage internal audits and facilitate and support external audits.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement programs.
- Provide Work Instruction training to new employees and current employees when procedures are updated.
Interface with customers regarding quality issues
- Ensure a prominent level of internal and external customer service.
- Investigate and correct any customer related issues and complaints regarding quality of our products and customer service.
Partner with vendors to ensure that quality standards for our products are met or exceeded
- Interact with outside vendors to ensure the quality of purchased parts and materials.
- Coordinate and supervise the inspection and documentation of received inventory. Inspect incoming goods and material and related documents relevant to the quality standards.
- Coordinate and supervise the inspection and documentation of produced inventory. Inspect produced and outbound goods and related documents relevant to the quality standards.
- Issue and manage non-conforming material reports (NCMR) to resolve issues with vendors.
- Perform compliance audits of various vendors.
- Review vendor quality standards in accordance with FDA, 3A and other applicable authorities.
Maintain quality documentation
- Develop work instructions for quality manual and update them as needed.
- Provide document management for internal forms and documents.
- Manage external ISO QMS web application. Organize files and store in electronic format.
- Maintain and update technical specifications of all products.
Participate in new product development process
- Collaborate with leadership and vendors on specifications for new products.
- Support prototype development and validation with leadership, vendors and third party testing organizations.
Provide Production and Operations Support
- Develop and administer inspection protocols
- Provide Work Instruction training and support
- Assist in inventory and lot control management
- Assist in inventory and scrap analysis
- Maintain proficiency with production equipment operations and record-keeping
- Minimum of two years quality manager experience in ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience, including resolution of customer issues.
- Intermediate working knowledge of ERP systems such as Sage Accounting Software.
- Up to 5% travel.
Preferred Experience & Attributes:
- Contract manufacturing environment experience
- Creativity – proposes ideas, finds new, better and more efficient ways of doing things
- Investigative – willing to inquire and locate answers for clients
- Negotiation – works to develop good relationships and meet client needs with a strategy of a “win-win” outcome for all parties
- Flexible – willing to help out and adjust workload when needed
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.