Seeking a Quality Manager to join a team of hard working, customer service oriented individuals. The primary responsibility of the Quality Manager is the implementation, support, and continual improvement of quality management systems and practices to assure that products and processes adhere to internal and customer specifications and standards. This is with a small family run business that is looking for hands on leader to manage their quality department.
- Ensure Quality Management System conforms to customer and internal requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes.
- Review, create and implement changes on an ongoing basis to improve products, processes and systems and reduce costs.
- Monitor and train production line staff in proper production practices and basic quality assessment and troubleshoot any errors.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Process returns, handle customer complaints, eliminate products not up to standard and seek root cause of the problem to implement corresponding corrective action.
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance.
- Report to management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a quality position in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and 5S theories and practices.
- Strong knowledge of calibration and ability to read blue prints
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.