Sales Director – Power Equipment
Our client is the leading manufacturer of power equipment in the nation. They sell their premium product through dealers and distribution. They are seeking to hire a head of sales (Sales Director) to lead one of there top divisions. This individual will be responsible for leading a team of 10 direct reports, will develop and execute strategic plans to meet sales targets and long-term channel growth. This person will direct strategic initiatives for North American sales and work closely with the General Manager. This position will compensate well through base salary plus bonus, LTIP and competitive perks and benefits.
*This position does require relocation
- Manage a team of 10 direct reports
- Work with cross-functional teams and business departments
- Develop strategies, policies, objectives, and sales processes
- Oversee monthly sales plan, sales projections, and product forecasting to support operations production schedules and customer retail needs
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers, dealers, and distribution partners to better understand their business objectives and needs
- Understand and communicate industry-specific trends and landscapes to the sales team and the division leadership team
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 years of sales or marketing experience with power equipment, durable goods, power sports or Ag equipment
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience
- Technical aptitude
- Strong project management skills
- Sold through a dealership network and through distribution
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA is preferred
- Ability to travel
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.