One of SkyWater’s growing clients in the Saint Paul area is looking for a Senior Accountant with technical accounting skills who is wanting a high level of exposure as this role will be the Controller’s right hand person. The company has a very laidback, flexible culture with great upper management to lead this particular team. They are looking for someone with a strong skill set in regards to the responsibilities listed below who is also passionate about making continuous process improvements and helping drive efficiency for the department.
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations, standard asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries.
- Collects information for financial status reviews; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Gather information and documentation to assist in their external and internal audit process
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls within the department
- Development of KPIs
- Ensure timely payments to sub-contractors and vendors
- Cash Flow management
- Work with Operations and Leadership to provide support and various reports, and assist in special projects as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with general accounting activities such as bank reconciliations, accounts payable, reporting and budgeting
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP system is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your shortlist.™
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “short list search”. Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.