My client (publicly traded med device company) is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their growing organization – they've doubled in size every year over the past 3 years and are continuing this pattern! I'm looking for someone who is highly driven & motivated as they have a succession plan to eventually promote this individual to a Controller in the future. This newly created role will work closely with the current Controller (came from the Big 4 and is a great mentor), as well as consist of lots of day-to-day variety and a high level of exposure to the business. They also have a very attractive culture including awesome executive management, a collaborative team, and a great work life balance (half days on Fridays!).
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements and associated month end reports.
- Assist with SOX compliance.
- Assist with quarterly auditor reviews and annual audit including SOX compliance.
- Provide analytical support to other departments.
- Produce month end closing entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations at month end.
- Assist with Annual Operating Plan preparation and analysis.
- Maintain fixed asset records.
- Provide ongoing analysis and tracking of actual results to Operating Plan throughout the year.
- Other ad hoc projects (e.g., technical accounting research and analysis).
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and promote a progressive quality culture.
- Successfully attain performance period accountabilities established by the employee and their supervisor.
- Successfully attain budget/business objectives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience.
- Manufacturing industry knowledge highly preferred.
- Experience with internal controls, SOX, general ledger, preparing financial statements, etc. highly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with company management in a professional, confident and competent manner.
- Proficiency in Windows environment such as Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.