SkyWater is partnering with a local non-profit to help them identify their next Senior Accountant! If you are an accountant who wants finance exposure and great work-life balance, this would be worth exploring. This position will have a clear path to move into the Finance Director down the line and successor to the CFO. The ideal candidate will have non-profit experience and a heart to lead. Apply today to learn more!
- Financial statement preparation
- Prepare monthly financial statements. Present quarterly financials and a variance report to the finance committee of the board of directors. Manage and assist Finance Team
- Work with AP and AR managers to reconcile and report on balances.
- Reconcile Bank statements, AR and AP. Prepare journal entries. Manage and assist payroll managers and HR manager
- Record the bi-weekly payroll journal entry, make retirement and H.S.A deposits, maintain retirement plan, miscellaneous payroll reporting (1095’s, workers compensation audit) and monthly payroll allocations. Maintain the General Ledger
- Prepare Journal entries and reconcile accounts as necessary. Maintain files and documents
- Maintain records and documentation. Grant and Loan Reporting
- Assist our National Advancement team to report on financial expenditures of the grants received. Banking
- Maintain banking relationships and oversee the banking portals, payment portal and CC program. Year-end preparation
- Prepare YE schedules for auditors.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Excellent communication – written, in person, on the phone, and via videoconferencing · Attention to detail · Savvy on the computer – They use Microsoft Office (MS) for Mac, MS Great Plains accounting software, Management Reporter, Property Site Manager, and Excel. · Professionalism – a punctual and responsive self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment. · Positive attitude – we enjoy working across regions and cultures and hope you do too. · Creative thinking and problem solving– we work as a team and value new ideas in our increasingly complex organization. · Awareness and respect – we approach affordable space through the lens of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.