Senior Accountant – Remote
SkyWater is partnering with an $800M printing/publication company on a fully remote Senior Accounting position! This is a great opportunity for someone to see the whole picture (from an accounting/operations perspective) while also providing a clear track for professional development. We are looking for someone with 3+ years of general accounting experience who is hungry to grow, learn, and making an impact!
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Post journal entries. Prepare monthly accrual entries and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Record new fixed assets in the accounting system by ensuring GAAP compliance. Reconcile and maintain fixed assets subledger system.
- Maintain prepaid asset schedules and post related entries during month-end.
- Responsible for maintaining company’s expense report system (Interplex) and be the support for employees’ questions related to T&E.
- Responsible for filing 1099s as well as the sales tax returns with different states on a timely manner.
- Initiating bank payments and related monthly reconciliations accurately and timely.
- Serve as backup for accounts payable function.
- Work with payment application team for Bill pay, charge back and returned checks etc.
- Comply and assist with internal and external audits by providing appropriate documentation and information requested.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by the Accounting Director on an ad hoc basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / finance.
- 3-5 years in accounting / finance related experience.
- CPA is highly preferable.
- Working knowledge of GAAP is essential.
- Strong Excel skills are preferred.
- Strong problem solving, organizational skills, and customer service.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics is preferable.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or granted an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.