Senior Accounting Professional
SkyWater is currently partnering with a dynamic software company located in the heart of downtown that is looking to add a high-performing senior accounting professional to their team. This company has over 75 quarters of consecutive growth and an attractive company culture – fast-paced, promoting from within, and a group of motivated and driven individuals looking to advance their career.
This person will be reporting to the senior manager of financial reporting who comes from public accounting roots and is a great mentor to learn from! This person’s primary duties will be coordinating and managing projects related to financial accounting matters, such as 1) establishing and implementing accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP, 2) implementing required changes to systems based on technical accounting research and 3) assisting in merger and acquisition work. If you’re looking for a role that allows you to continue to learn and develop your accounting skills, without ever having to post a journey entry, this position could be an exciting opportunity for you!
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of new U.S. GAAP standards
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in merger and acquisition work, including purchase accounting, due diligence and integration
- Be a proactive business partner to other departments within the organization by providing accurate and consistent guidance on the interpretation and application of accounting policy matters
- Provide and coordinate financial projects, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Public accounting experience and/ or CPA preferred
- 3+ years of progressive experience with accounting in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP and the FASB Codification
- Strong communication skills
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.