Senior Cost Accountant
We're working with a growing manufacturing organization who is looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant. Our client has a very down-to-earth culture with a laid back, felxible mentality. We've worked with this client in the past so know the strength on their team as well as their management style. This role is a great opportunity to take the next step in your accounting career.
- Perform inventory and project profitability analyses and recommend solutions or process improvements.
- Responsible for management of the Fixed Asset process, policy, and procedures, including figuring out additions/retirements, confirmation of assets and impairment review, and working with third party consulting firm on property tax requests as well as annual insurance renewals.
- Assist cross-functional leaders in making critical decisions
- Monthly accounting tasks; journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts to perpetual records, margin analysis, and preparing supporting schedules.
- Enhance and improve efficiencies within the cost accounting function
- Help spearhead ERP system upgrades and transitions.
- Lead administrator and accountant for the annual physical inventory.
- Review all work orders to ensure accounting is accurate
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required; CMA, CPA, or MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of accounting experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical and financial skills with an ERP system.
- Must be advanced in Microsoft Office - specifically Excel
- Solid understanding of financial statements and GAAP accounting principles.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.