Senior Cost Accountant
SkyWater is working with a medical device manufacturing company in the NW suburbs who is looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant. This is a really exciting time to join the company because they have been successfully building out their Accounting & Finance team at their corporate office and are expecting to double in size within the next 2 years. This individual will work closely with the Operations Controller who is a great person to learn/develop from, and will also frequently interact with individuals outside of Accounting (i.e. Engineers, Plant Managers, Operations, etc.) so being able to effectively communicate and problem solve is a must. This would be a great role for someone who’s looking for variety, future advancement opportunities, and the ability to add value and create change at a fast paced, growing organization
- Act as lead in establishing standard costs, cost control systems, cost analysis and reporting.
- Identify, analyze, and report variances in product costing, job costing and production activities. Review labor and overhead application and variances.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, supply chain, and quality leaders with efforts to reduce costs, variances, customer returns, and manufacturing scrap.
- Establish and execute cost controls for item masters, bills of materials, work centers, and job travelers.
- Assist our sales engineers in producing customer quotes to ensure all costs are captured and appropriate profit margins are maintained.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations, analysis, and reporting for inventory, WIP, and variances. Also provide gross margin analysis per product line and customer.
- Provide support for year-end and other 3rd party audits of our inventory. This will include the identification of slow-moving and obsolete inventory, and communicate recommendations for the valuation and disposition of these items.
- Assist with the budgeting process for cost and product related valuations and estimates. Provide explanations of variances and deviations of the current budget to the actual results.
- Support IT initiatives with system improvements, upgrades and/or conversions. Act as accounting representation in cross-functional teams to properly develop and execute cost and manufacturing transaction procedures to maximize the efficiency and use of our resources.
- Assist with capital expenditure requests by providing return on investment analysis as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and ERP systems
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.