Senior Data Engineer
SkyWater is partnering with one of the most reputable manufacturers in their industry across the globe located here in Minnesota. While the company is located outstate, someone living in the Twin Cities could work fully remote. It’s an opportunity at a rapidly growing company that is putting significant resources into their technology group. This is a key hire among their Data team, and someone they hope can grow into an Architect in the future.
The company itself has been around for several decades, but has recently decided to make significant investments into IT. And the data team is a significant part of that, thus the need for this hire.
Here’s a few of the things you’d be doing:
• Work with business stakeholders, data scientists, and data analysts to design and implement data engineering solutions.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Lead the design and implementation of infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources leveraging various technologies part of the Azure platform.
• Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market. • Guide, mentor, influence, and adopt a cloud-first modern data architecture, and consistently adopt the associated standards and practices.
• Anticipate the need for data governance and work with designated teams to ensure that data modeling and data handling procedures are compliant with applicable laws and policies across the data pipeline.
• Leads root cause analysis in response to detected problems/anomalies; design and implement corrective actions to prevent further issues.
What makes you qualified for this role?
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of established/emerging data management technologies including and not limited to Spark, Databricks, Parquet and Delta Lake.
• Experience designing and implementing relational and NoSQL databases, unstructured data sets, and data streams.
• Knowledge and execution of SDLC
• Knowledge and execution of Agile/Scrum
They’re extremely competitive when it comes to compensation and benefits as well as making sure they provide great work/life balance. If you’re at all intersted in learning more, plase submit your resume!
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.