Senior Finance & Tax Accountant
SkyWater is working with a growing company in the West metro looking to add a skilled Accounting & Tax professional to their team. This individual will have hands-on exposure to anything from accounting, financial reporting, and tax preparation to various ad hoc projects such as process improvements. One of the biggest selling points for this role is their culture – they have a tight knit, family feel environment, GREAT employee benefits, and an awesome work life balance (employees generally work 40 hours a week). If you're looking for a role with variety and the opportunity to add value and grow professionally, this could be a great fit for you!
- Summarizes financial status for trusts, individuals, and closely held businesses by collecting information and preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and tax basis statements.
- Compiles and reviews tax return workpapers for individuals, trusts, and select pass-through entities.
- Assists with tax audits and notice response.
- Prepares tax returns internally utilizing Tax software on an as needed basis.
- Creates trial balances by recording general ledger journal entries, compiling, and analyzing account details, and reconciling subsidiary accounts.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions.
- Completes other projects, assigned responsibilities, and requests as needed to assist in the company’s overall success.
- Commits to continuous improvement as it relates to work product and professional skillset.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required
- 3+ years of accounting and tax experience within a public accounting firm
- CPA preferred
- Must be self-efficient and self-motivated
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.