Senior Financial Accountant
SkyWater is currently partnering with a $150M manufacturing company (a subsidiary of a $1B parent company), looking to add a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to their team. This person will have the opportunity to work side by side with the Director of Finance who has been with the company for the majority of her career (she has a ton of institutional knowledge and will be a great mentor to this person!). As a strategic accounting business partner, this person will be directly responsible for driving the business. This is a role with a lot of variety and executive exposure, so their ideal candidate is one that enjoys seeing the "big picture" and being able to make a big impact on the business.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reporting and financial reporting packages
- Manage ad hoc and monthly reporting requirements with related parties/companies
- Support in the monthly close process including various reconciliations and budget to actual spending review
- Assist with the Company’s external audit requirements
- Partner with Finance and Operations team members to develop business intelligence that will enhance financial reporting
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures as well as reviewing segregation of duties
- Lead research, documentation, and implement new accounting pronouncements, disclosure requirements and policies to support the Company’s accounting treatment for significant transactions
- Participation in the fiscal year budgeting process, including compilation of departmental budgets for the R&D and manufacturing groups
- Key role in making process improvements around compliance, systems, controls, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s Degree preferred
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience as Sr. Accountant/Financial Reporting role in a manufacturing environment
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.