Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
SkyWater is excited to be partnering with a global leader in the gene editing space that is looking to add a high-performing Senior Financial Accounting Analyst to their team. The company (only ~ 12 years old) is still technically in “start-up” mode, thereby guaranteeing a ton of exposure to unique accounting situations as the Company continues to grow and raise capital! Furthermore, the accounting/ finance team is fairly small, allowing you to wear a ton of hats and learn so many skills – operational accounting, financial analysis, learning how a business runs, etc.
The ideal candidate is a doer – someone who is eager to dig in and learn. You will report to the Director of Finance, who comes from public accounting and is a great mentor to learn from. He’s looking for a motivated and driven individual who he can rely on to be his right-hand person for anything and everything accounting/ finance related.
If you are looking for a role with a ton of variety and the opportunity to extensively grow your accounting/ finance skills, this position could be an exciting opportunity for you!
- Assist with the day-to-day accounting operations, including general business accounting and yearly audit performance
- Own the month-end financial statement process, including recording month-end journal entries, drafting and creating month-end financial statements, and reconciling balance-sheet accounts
- Ensure that policies, procedures and controls are being followed and documented in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Own financial analysis and ad hoc projects, when assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Public accounting experience and/ or CPA preferred
- 2+ years of progressive experience with accounting in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong communication skills
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.