Senior Financial Analyst
SkyWater is excited to be partnering with a $5B company that is going public and looking to build out their Finance team. The Director of FP&A is looking to hire his “right hand man,” someone who is excited about building out a function and having a direct impact on the business. This Senior Financial Analyst will be creating, implementing, and owning process to support their current and new customer needs (both internally and externally). As the company transitions from a private to a public company, this person will responsible for driving the development of a new and controlled approach to the data, and will own these processes moving forward. If you are someone who wants to be a part of a growth story, and is driven by improving process and creating efficiencies to help tell a company’s story, this could be the perfect role for you! This company is also known for having an awesome culture with high employee retention, so if this is something that interests you, please apply online or reach out to Roya Parsakalleh directly (RParsakalleh@skywatersearch.com)
- Information and control – 50% Improve and own the data/information processes and reporting needed for measuring monthly business performance. Ensure data/information integrity and develop accessibility and efficiencies that reduce complexity for operating businesses and corporate users. Develop and/or support required financial controls.
- Work with corporate accounting, operating businesses, finance data teams, and IT to create and maintain financial database and related processes
- Own, maintain and improve monthly business performance reporting and analysis (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, key metrics, etc.) for key customers: Leadership, Ownership, Investor Relations, Segment Leaders & Operating Businesses, Accounting/Financial Reporting
- Operate effectively in teams and as individual contributor and with all levels of the organization Planning (Forecasting and Budgeting) – 30% Improve and own the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Process development including planning and managing milestones, templates and/or use of tools to execute planning, flexible and controlled outputs for use in reviews and presentations
- Rollup and analysis of operating business forecasts and budgets
- Corporate cost forecasts and budgets Value-Add and Other – 20% Support and execute value-add efforts with operating businesses and at corporate level including margin-enhancing analysis and continuous improvements/simplification.
- FP&A processes
- Streamlining financial controls
- Business performance (margins and drivers-based analysis, SG&A, capital usage, return on investments, etc.)
- Ad hoc requests from customers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of financial analysis and/or business analytics experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft skills
- Solid understanding in designing and maintaining a database
- Great customer service skills
- Takes ownership of tasks and sees them through till the end
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Business
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.