Senior Internal Auditor
SkyWater is partnering with a very well-respected Minnesota based company who is looking to add talent to their Risk Assurance and Advisory team. This department is a feeder of talent to other roles within the company, so it's a great way to learn the business before actually moving in to support various functions (finance, marketing, operations, etc.)! The role is open due to an internal promotion (the incumbent took a Finance role within the organization) so we are definitely NOT looking for Auditors for life! Our ideal candidate will be someone with 3+ years of Public Accounting experience who wants to contribute their skills right away, while the company prepares you to transition into your next career promotion. If you are NOT a career auditor, but you would like to use the skills you've built to make an immediate impact on a business while learning the way a company operates, this could be a perfect role for you. Feel free to get in touch with Lindsay Dubbeldee at LDubbeldee@skywatersearch.com for more information (i.e. full job description, description of the company culture, benefits summary, etc.).
- Perform research, planning, formulation of audit programs and assessment of risk.
- Conduct audit fieldwork with independence, objectivity and a high degree of professionalism; including conducting interviews, reviewing process and transaction flows, extracting data from corporate databases to analyze trends, detailed testing of transactions and processes, and making corroborative inquiries and observations.
- Develop and maintain clear and orderly workpapers that provide substantive evidence to support audit findings and recommendations.
- Summarize results of the audit, draft reports and recommendations and assist in obtaining management responses to reports and recommendations.
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements within the department.
- Lead live fraud, cyber security and code of conduct training sessions.
- Assist the director in preparing fraud, anti-corruption, and ERM assessments
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and or finance required
- Ability to travel internationally (the team travels internationally for 4 to 6 weeks a year)
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.