Senior Manager of Financial Reporting & Controls
SkyWater is partnering with a global Minneapolis-based CPG company looking to hire a Financial Reporting & Controls leader. This person will work directly with key leaders throughout the $1B+ organization to help support the growing businesses from a financial and strategic perspective. This would be an awesome opportunity for someone with progressive public accounting experience, or a blend of public and industry (financial reporting) who is looking to grow their career with a fun, collaborative company. I'm looking for someone who is entrepreneurial in nature and enjoys creating/improving processes!
- Manage the consolidation process for budget, forecast and actual results
- Lead the quarterly financial close controls process including balance sheet and income statement analytics, statement of cashflows and the statement of equity
- Compile audit support for the consolidated financial report and related footnotes
- Develop business process flowcharts and assist with process improvement
- Manage control risk assessment, design and remediation
- Assist with preparation of audit process walkthroughs
- Perform process improvement assessments and make recommendations to simplify and standardize internal and external reporting
- Develop tools and resources to help drive reporting efficiencies and comprehension
- Provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document accounting issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Assist in the global implementation of accounting policies and new accounting standards
- Assist with internal and external compliance efforts (i.e. annual audited reports, controls, census data, etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation
- 7+ years of accounting experience (public accounting experience highly preferred)
- Experience managing and developing staff
- Background in US GAAP guidelines and financial reporting requirements
- Experience documenting process flows and designing controls
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.