Senior Milling Programmer – Department Lead
SkyWater Search Partners is now looking for a Sr. CNC Programmer and Department Lead for a client of ours in the Northwest Metro. This would be a full-time opportunity with a growing machine-shop organization with a wide variety of capabilities and a great reputation here in town.
Sr. CNC Milling Programmer – Department Lead
We are a market leader in precision machining, operating out of a 24,000 SQR facility in the Northwest Metro. We continuously invest in new equipment and machinery to expanded and improve our capabilities to support customers in a variety of industries. We specialize in small to medium size parts, and becoming more versatile as we grow.
We have three departments: Milling, Swiss and Turning. This would be the lead programmer and set-up specialist for the Milling department.
Develop CNC programs and layouts to process new or improve existing production parts. Technical consideration must be applied in the following areas: Machine capability, tooling capability, cutting parameters, setup standards, and material properties. Attention to detail is critical when maintaining and updating controlled documents.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge on all appropriate equipment and process including; OKK, Doosan – Mynx 7500, Mazak and Haas Vertical Mills.
- Build and maintain program standards across multiple machine platforms
- Develop layouts, and CNC programs for machining centers in accordance with process plan.
- Assist in providing cycle times for quoting new work.
- Maintain engineering documents with minor updates including cycle time, process instructions, tool substitutions, and operation print changes.
- Recommend improvements on tools, machining process order, and equipment.
- Participate on cross functional teams to reduce setup time, increase throughput, or eliminate quality issues.
- Build out the Milling department over time, including being part of the hiring process for machinists, operators and technicians.
- Technical Associates Degree in related field or 5-10+ years of relevant industry experience within CNC Lathe and Milling.
- Extensive knowledge of programming software(s) and applying those technologies and software’s to each machine.
- Hands-On and willing to be a doer within the organization. Being a smaller company (yet growing), it’s a very inclusive and cross-functional work environment.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.