Senior Project Accountant
SkyWater is partnering with a Commercial Real Estate company in the Twin Cities that is hiring a Senior Project Accountant. The ideal candidate will have cost accounting experience and understand the project life cycle. They are looking for someone who is motivated and eager to elevate their career, and will bring innovation to the team. In addition to a great team and culture, they offer competitive PTO, benefits, and a hybrid schedule. If you are an ambitious individual looking to grow in your career with a fun team, this might be worth exploring!
*Must be able to commute to Minnesota office.*
- Support Project Management teams during the project life cycle
- Create ad hoc reports for the Project Management teams upon request
- Complete quarter-end analysis of margin reviews, incurred costs, percent complete and review revenue recognition reports
- Ensure projects are closed out in a timely manner and in accordance with closing procedures
- Review monthly project cash flow, assist in preparing project billings, and compiling support for owner funding
- Approve subcontractor requests for payments for assigned projects
- Provide support for reviewing non-complying and expiring insurance certificates
- Review and analyze owner contracts
- Ensure approved procedures are followed on assigned projects
- Set-up and Maintain project information and status
- Assist with completing monthly and quarterly profit recognition process. o Meet monthly with project teams to review the status of each assigned projects. o Assist the payroll team with weekly review of project management timecards.
- Process Management and Training o Develop, document, implement, and improve project accounting process flows. o Assist in training project accounting staff on defined processes
- Apply accounting methodology consistent with GAAP and in accordance with The Opus Group policies
- Assist with annual audit as assigned
- Assist with preparation of tax workpapers as assigned
- Complete general accounting responsibilities as assigned
- Perform various special projects, as assigned
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.