Senior Project Manager (Software/Agile)
Our client is one of the most respected financial services organizations in San Francisco. An extremely stable firm that has focused on capital markets for the past 30 years, they are now looking to transform their organization from an older, Waterfall-style delivery model to a truly Agile, modern environment.
They have hired a number of key leaders in the past year from the software & health care industries that have modernized previous legacy environments, and are looking for a number of Senior Project and Product Managers to help them continue with their transformation at this 300 employee global organization.
This Senior Project Manager will be responsible for anywhere from 3-4 projects at a time, lasting anywhere from 6-12 months. The entire MO is to provide an MVP for the business with a variety of applications & projects, and then hand off to the application & internal business teams. In this way, it's an exciting role for the right senior level Project Manager to work on a variety of pretty exciting projects, while having the autonomy to work directly with various key stakeholders in the organization.
Given the strategic nature of the role, this organization would like this person on-site in San Francisco 2 days per week. Though there is a lot of work to be done, they are an extremely flexible organization where a great work/life balance is paramount; 40-45 hour work weeks are the norm with rare exceptions.
Compensation is extremely competitive, both on base and bonus, along with a very strong benefits package.
- Define and document requirements, including the business case (cost benefit analysis), process flows and user stories for prioritized projects.
- Work with Solution Architect and cross-functional business teams to identify and build solutions that develop capabilities and achieve proficiency across business units.
- Create project plans, track progress against activities and milestones, and manage resources.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risks and issues.
- Create and deliver project communications including status reporting
- Establish and maintain relationships, foster teamwork and collegial collaboration amongst a diverse project team across all business teams.
- Properly manage and store project documentation; protecting proprietary and confidential data (GDPR, PII, and other legally protected information)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Education, Business Administration, or other related discipline.
- Certification in project management methodology (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certified)
- Certification in Agile/Scrum roles (e.g. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CPO)
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience effectively managing projects/ products, including experience managing multiple projects/ products of varying sizes, complexity, and involving cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of experience participating in Agile/Scrum/software development projects.
- Experience creating and monitoring KPIs.
- Demonstrated experience to maintain schedule and maintain risk management standards.
- Agile Development domain knowledge to push & pull the right optimization levers whenever needed.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership roles.
- Thorough knowledge of technical concepts and basic operating principles of data communications, computer hardware, vendor IT products, and software.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills to convey business requirements and business impact in a clear and concise manner to a wide array of audiences.
- Experience documenting requirements, including the business case (cost benefit analysis), process flows and user stories for prioritized projects.
- Exceptional track record of successfully managing technology projects and successfully implementing software applications
- Mastery and application of multiple project practices & methodologies, from PMBOK and traditional Waterfall to Agile.
- Highly organized and thorough, with an ability to facilitate communication and scheduling among different levels of staff.
- Strong communication, writing and inter-personal abilities, including skills such as attitude, diplomacy and persuasiveness, analytical ability, strong judgment and managerial skills.
- Strong knowledge of Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Deep appreciation for the “Business Centered” mindset. Proven ability to think business -first; successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Understanding of DevOps and other software engineering processes.
- Ability to establish processes, policies, standards, goals/ objectives, and timelines.
- Capability to engage and lead cross-functional teams and maintain alignment.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience leading progressively more complex projects and actively managing risks and issues so that they are properly mitigated.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.