Senior Tax Accountant
SkyWater is partnering with one of our favorite clients, which is a well-known Minneapolis-based CPG company. They are looking to hire a Senior Tax Accountant who will completely own the Tax function for the organization. This would be an awesome opportunity for someone looking to transition out of public accounting, and get into an industry role where you can add value at one company and grow your skillset (and be exposed to other areas beyond tax down the line). If you're looking for a fun, collaborative culture filled with down to earth, laidback individuals, please apply!
- Responsible for all state and local tax returns including sales, franchise and property at state and local jurisdictions
- Assist external professionals in the completion of federal and state income tax returns, including U.S. reporting of international activity and coordinate return execution including signatures and payments
- Work with external professionals and specialists to complete audits and projects, including transfer pricing and management fee arrangements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, tax related accruals, and cash tax planning
- Prepare the annual federal income tax and certain international tax provisions
- Provide auditors with various tax provision reports, tax entries and work papers as requested
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues, accounting staff on tax accounting issues and IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications
- Assist with making improvements to process flows in the accounting function to improve ability to analyze data for potential tax savings and ensure that proper internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of various financial and operating reports for senior level corporate management
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise management on tax related issues
- Research and resolve other tax accounting and financial reporting issues as requested
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in public accounting (tax) or industry tax accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- CPA desired
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.