SkyWater is partnering with a local Investment/Private Equity firm looking to hire an Accountant for the PE side of their business. This firm has doubled in growth year after year for the last 2 years and is continuing to gain more business. Working closely with the CFO and Fund Accounting Manager, this person will be involved in a variety of responsibilities anywhere from month end tasks to investor reporting to other ad hoc analysis and projects. This person will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced and exciting work environment with highly professional individuals, but not have to work the crazy hours that typically comes with the industry. This would be a great role for someone looking for a better work life balance and the ability to grow and develop their skills at a growing firm.
- Process accounts payable; review T&E reporting and associated bill-backs
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations; prepare and post journal entries
- Record expense allocation and inter-company transactions
- Support vendor and contract management and prepare 1099s
- Assist with annual audit and tax filings, including sales and use tax filings
- Allocate partnership income and expenses, and carry out quarterly close procedures for Fund entities
- Assist with investor reporting deliverables including capital calls, distribution notices, and quarterly reports
- Manage transmittance and safekeeping of investments, including monthly custodian reconciliations
- Manage collection of investor subscription books and track contributions
- Calculate and forecast quarterly management fees and partnership expenses
- Maintain financial recordkeeping for all single-purpose entities and year-end capital account allocations in support of Schedule K-1 and tax return processes
- Perform other investor reporting and ad-hoc projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-6 years of Accounting experience
- Financial Services or related industry preferred
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.