SkyWater is partnering with a company in the Wellness & Fitness space that is looking to bring on a Staff Accountant! They are experiencing healthy growth and looking for someone with 1-2 years of experience who wants variety in their day to day work. You’ll be responsible for journal entries, month-end, and help assist in the audit process. If you’re a recent grad ready to hit the ground running or have a year of accounting experience, this might be a great fit! Must be located in the greater Minneapolis-Twin Cities area and able to go in on a hybrid schedule.
- Assist with month end close process, including but not limited to: o Prepare standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). o Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries into general ledger accounts, and document transactions for review by Director of Accounting o Assist with various account reconciliations (ex. accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, bank reconciliations, payroll reconciliations, deferred revenue)
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Create invoices, collect payments, manage communication with tenants, deposit funds into bank account. Assist schools with electronic payments made by agencies to our operating account
- Partner with other functional areas to ensure they have all information necessary to provide expense reports on a timely basis and ensure all invoices are allocated to appropriate companies and schools and submitted to AP for payment
- Complete licensing applications for all jurisdictions, track appropriately to ensure all renewals are received and submitted to AP for payment on time
- Balance bi-weekly payroll GL entries and import into Business Central
- Manage payroll allocations for employees with time split in multiple schools or are in MIT program
- Assist with annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting process
- Assist with annual audit process, acting as a key liaison for the external auditors
- Partner with Accounts Payable to track Use Tax accurately in all jurisdictions
- Respond to information/ad hoc analysis requests from Systems team and Schools
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.