Tax Accountant – Sales & Use
SkyWater is currently partnering with a leading retailer located in the west metro that is looking to add a high-performing sales & use tax accountant to their team. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with extensive sales & use tax knowledge to use their expertise in a high-energy organization, while also developing and building other accounting skills, including lease and fixed asset accounting and being part of the month-end close process. If you’re looking for an exciting, challenging opportunity where you can grow and develop, this position could be an exciting opportunity for you!
- Own the sales & use tax process, ensuring compliance with sales & use tax laws, verifying tax credits and assisting in the preparation of sales & use tax returns
- Manage the company’s business licenses and lease accounting to include compliance with lease accounting standards and all aspects of the company’s lease administration
- Be the primary owner of the company’s fixed assets, entering fixed assets accurately into the system, tracking depreciation, and ensuring fixed assets are appropriately reflected in the general ledger
- Collaborate with the accounting team to assist in month-end close
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3+ years of sales & use tax experience, preferably in a retail or manufacturing environment
- Experience with lease and fixed assets accounting preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.