Vice President of Information Technology
Our client, a reputable, private-equity owned global manufacturer of specialty products for over 50 years, has retained us to identify and recruit their next Vice President of Information Technology. This organization, with almost $1B in revenue, is forecasting additional growth in both revenue and employees in the next 24 months.
Leading a team of 10, the Vice President of Technology is a strategic position for the organization as they look to this continued growth in the coming years.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and guidance to the organization in planning and organization of all IT systems technology, enterprise and development efforts to ensure alignment with defined organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Responsible for the selection, acquisition, development, maintenance, installation, and support of information technology.
- Perform an ongoing assessment of IT capabilities of employees and contractors and IT performance on behalf of entities across the organization.
- Ensure the protection of IT assets along with the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained for the company.
- Lead ongoing assessment of established programs to ensure the utilization of state-of-the-art information and tools aimed at identifying optimal performance and delivery opportunities for the company
- Develop staff and processes to continuously identify new operational efficiencies and areas to drive bottom line improvements.
- Formulate and implement long and short term strategies, policies and programs to achieve organizational objectives.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical degree required; an MBA or similar advanced degree is a distinct plus.
- A minimum of ten years of total experience leading a complex IT department with companies known for strong discipline, process and methodologies in operational excellence.
- Strong leadership background within technology infrastructure, a wide variety of systems & application experience, along with a sound understanding of mobile and cloud technologies (Office 365 preferred).
- Strategic leader who has a combination of technical know-how, business acumen, and organizational leadership skills.
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of driving organizations through periods of significant growth and change, capitalizing on the strength of in-house talent while enhancing the core expertise of the organization through identifying and recruiting key outside experts
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively and credibly in a senior leadership role which emphasizes strategic focus, innovative change and an entrepreneurial spirit as being critical elements of a company’s formula for success
- Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen coupled with the ability to establish the appropriate business strategy and implement into workable action plans
- Proven track record in providing strategic direction and vision that has successfully been translated into actionable plans
- Proven leadership with a track record of building organizations through periods of change. Ability to hire, develop, and retain high caliber talent who have successfully contributed to the success of an organization
The successful candidate will receive a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package.
*** Local candidates to Minnesota only, as this client is not willing to relocate non-local candidates at this time.***
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.