Vice President of Portfolio Management and Risk
We are working with an established global alternative investment fund manager focused on distressed and credit-intensive assets to add a Vice President, Portfolio and Risk management to their team. This is an exciting (and rare!) opportunity to join a team where there is significant career upside to the role over time, with the candidate determining their long-term career trajectory.
This VP will play a key role on the Portfolio Management and Risk Team and will be highly focused on deploying capital across products, analyzing current positions and future allocations, analyzing key risk drivers, and monitor global investing themes and impacts. This position will have significant exposure to liquidity and capital management as well as with strategic capital calls and distributions. The hiring manager sits on the investment committee and much of the work done by this candidate will be presented to that committee. It will also have significant exposure to key managing partners.
We are looking for a curious learner that is ambitious with robust analytical skills. This role is located in Minnesota/hybrid.
If you’re interested in hearing more, please reach out to email@example.com
- Develop an understanding of trading strategies, underwriting assumptions, business risks and how the portfolio behaves under stress. Provide analysis, reporting, and opine on conclusions to highlight issues/trends.
- Review investment data sets and analyze them, reporting into themes, conclusions, and insights based on the analysis.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for use by senior management, from existing and to be developed systems. Ensure global data integrity of information in the reports and that it is complete and consistent with an understanding of the business activity.
- Present reporting, conclusions, and views to senior management in a clear manner.
- Understand and be able to effectively utilize risk assessment tools and risk measurement methodologies, including their underlying assumptions and potential weaknesses, to draw conclusions. Challenge assumptions used in the methodologies based on understanding of the portfolio.
- Maintain reporting systems and work with Risk Management and other groups to improve efficiency of the systems through automation of data gathering and reporting, allowing for reduced report preparation time, more time for value-added activities and analysis, and improved data integrity
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in investment, fund, financial markets, or related industry.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability investigate problems, find solutions, and determine best approach to proactively resolve issues.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to ask relevant, informed and intelligent questions about transactions, structures, relationships and risks
- Expert Excel skills including proficiency with pivot tables, charts and data analysis tools.
- Demonstrated strong commercial focus and desire to improve processes and find solutions to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and handle multiple demands.
- Familiarity with financial instruments.
- Experience working with a Risk function including understanding risk fundamentals.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools including Python and/or SQL or basic programming experience
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.