VP of Engineering
A client of SkyWater’s is growing their leadership team on the back of a 50m Venture round. They are located in the north suburbs of Chicago, and now need a VP of Engineering to lead multiple groups. This IoT company has been around for over a decade, but recently hit a growth stage due to an influx of funding and a strong technical advantage over their legacy competition. They are looking for a hands on leader, who is comfortable working with hardware design teams, software/firmware teams, manufacturing, technical support, and project management teams.
Their product has a large addressable market, and they’re prioritizing candidates who are looking for a high impact opportunity in a legacy tech space. This position will be managing the day to day activities of their team, will lead the software development lifecycle for their org, and will report to the CEO.
- Lead all engineering teams, both hardware and software
- Work in a 0 to 1 environment, ideating products, and developing them
- Work closely with sales, marketing and customers
- Must be a hands on leader, they aren't looking for candidates who just want to manage other leaders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience as a product manager or leader
- Preferably has led teams at full product companies (electromechanics, automotive, mechanical)
- Willing to work fully onsite in the North Chicago Suburbs
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.