VP of HR
SkyWater is partnering with the CEO of a privately held Minnesota based company who is looking to expand their leadership team by bringing on a VP of HR. This HR leader will hold a vital position within the organization and will be directly responsible developing and managing the entire HR function. If you are looking to join a collaborative culture where you can make an immediate impact, feel free to reach out to Lindsay Dubbeldee at LDubbeldee@skywatersearch.com or apply online.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
- Supervise HR personnel and ensure responsibilities are completed.
- Reviewing and submitting payroll invoices and work opportunity tax credit to the payroll vendor.
- Advise Directors, Operations Supervisors and General Managers on how to handle employee relations issues and concerns.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters i.e. EEOC, Human Rights Claims etc.
- Work with Insurance Broker and Insurance Companies on renewal of Worker’s Compensation Insurance and Employment Practices Insurance.
- Oversee and manage unemployment claims and be directly involved with unemployment hearings.
- Administer updates to the Training Guide as requested by the Training Department.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Develops and oversees progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Oversees the recruiting and screening of new office staff.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization and departments. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of multi-state HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understands the nuances of policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs.
- Manages other areas such as employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Manage worker’s compensation claims. o Reviewing open claims o Manage return to work process
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in HR management and leadership in recruitment and compensation, performance management, employee relations, and organizational development is required.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Personal Attributes: 1. Pleasant demeanor and customer service focus 2. Verbal and written communication skills 3. Organizational and planning skills 4. Problem analysis and problem solving skills 5. Attention to detail and accuracy 6. Outgoing, high energy personality 7. Confidentiality Competencies: 1. Business Acumen 2. Communication 3. Consultation 4. Critical Evaluation 5. Ethical Practice 6. Global & Cultural Awareness 7. HR Expertise 8. Leadership & Navigation 9. Relationship Management
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.