VP of Internal Audit
SkyWater Search Partners is thrilled to be partnering with a $1B private company who is looking to hire a Vice President of Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management. This Global organization is headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and is known throughout the Twin Cities as being one of the most progressive companies in Minnesota. If you are an experienced Audit professional looking to join a collaborative executive leadership team where you can have a positive impact on an organization, this could be a great opportunity for you to explore!
As VP of Internal Audit, you will lead a team of internal audit professionals and other risk and control consultants to ensure the internal control system is efficient and effective in safeguarding company assets, promoting operational effectiveness and efficiency, providing reliable financial information, and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and contractual obligations. This highly visible position reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and administratively to the Chief Financial Officer. The VP will proactively interact with executive and operating company management to ensure their audit and business-risk management needs are met in a cost-effective manner. Our ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, and team management skills as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management, from staff to the Board of Directors.
- Own and lead the Internal Audit function
- Coordinate and improve the Enterprise Risk Management program
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of business financial reporting, risk management, compliance, and acquisition integrations / dispositions
- Regularly report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, formally at least four times annually, to ensure complete and ongoing visibility into and awareness of significant risks to the Organization and any material control concerns. This includes communicating summarized audit results on a quarterly basis
- Provide support to and supplement the work of outside auditors
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls
- Communicate audit results and recommendations to CFO, Global Controller, and business management, which help to identify and drive improvement efforts
- Support control improvement and quality initiatives throughout Entrust
- Balance internal and external resources, building a staff and pipeline into future Company Leadership roles
- Provide support, guidance, and leadership to effectively manage customer requests for sensitive Company information and documents
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related Finance field
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in Accounting, Finance, Information Security, and Information Systems, with at least 5 years in the areas of Financial, Operational, and Information Systems audit
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, PCAOB, and other relevant controls frameworks and IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Familiarity with auditing, quality, and security industry standards (ISO 27001, WebTrust, NIST 800 series, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, etc.)
- Significant managerial experience with demonstrated success communicating with Boards of Directors and corporate executive leaders
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and managing contract support agreements and relationships
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (audit, accounting, business management, project management, information security, information technology)
- Certifications related to Entrust’s lines of business (e.g., CISA, CIA, CPA, CISSP, PMP, CRISC)
- Corporate Governance experience preferred
- Global business experience preferred
- Able to travel internationally, variable and up to 25% travel
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.