VP of Professional Services / Chief Operating Officer
SkyWater has been retained on behalf of our growing technology solutions client to identify their next Vice President of Professional Services/Chief Operating Officer to help drive their continued growth in 2022.
This company has a very strong reputation in the upper Midwest, and is looking for a strong, Vice President of Services to help continue their transformation from a legacy product reseller business into a technical service business (which is 30% of their revenue today).
Open due to a coming retirement, this is an exciting transformational role overseeing over 20 people, which is almost half of the organization's employees today. This is not a complete "build" role; as our client has a strong existing client base of over 200 clients in the Upper Midwest.
This role involves building & growing our client's service business by developing and maturing their portfolio of service offerings, developing practice areas and leaders, working with customers, consultants, and partners to build their business and further expand their client base, and successfully managing the financial metrics of their service operations.
*** Local candidates only. We are not considering relocation candidates at the moment. ***
- Build and develop a robust service business in support of the company’s strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and execute a business plan for the service business achieving financial and other objectives.
- Act as our client's representative for the service business with the market, which may include: networking, public speaking, attending industry events, etc.
- Develop systems, processes, and tools to improve service quality and efficiency.
- Build and grow service staff and resources and manage professional development and retention efforts.
- Leads and supports the team daily through coaching, work action planning, appraisals, team meetings and appropriate performance management activities.
- Actively involved with customers as needed to build the service business.
- Supports product management in the process of developing our client's service offerings.
- Supports sales and marketing to ensure they are enabled to grow the service business.
- Works with the leadership team collaboratively to identify areas of improvement and leads improvement plans in the service area.
- Actively involved as a leader in our client's culture and initiatives.
- Involvement in Services Offering materials and training salesforce/consultants
- Supervise team to coordinate Head of Business Development (product offering)
- Develop an effectual systems environment to better leverage entire relations throughout firm.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong senior level leadership skills and experience in building a service-oriented business unit
- Experience developing and leading a diverse technical staff of managers, consultants, and engineers.
- Can lead and manage a team of 100 or more.
- Knows the difference between an engineer and consultant.
- Has built a consulting team
- Skills in building managed, consulting, professional, and support services.
- Experience in building practices and practice leaders.
- Experience in core data center, cloud, networking, security, and IT strategy services.
- IT operational management experience.
- Financial management and formal budget management skills.
- Strong personal and teamwork skills – willing and able to get along with other leaders and teams.
- Process oriented and can lead in both our “method over madness” and “build the WOW” initiatives.
- Willing and able to be in front of customers.
- Understand formal sales process.
- Spent their career on primarily on the consulting side of the fence vs inside IT corporate organizations.
Submit Your Resume
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.