VP of Sales
Our client, a $75M, 250 employee organization in the south metro has an opportunity for a talented sales leadership executive to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a talented team. The VP of Sales will have responsibility for all sales activities of the company including the development and execution of the strategic plan. They will have particular emphasis in developing and executing an integrated business strategy which will include reviewing and rationalizing current efforts as well as developing the processes and infrastructure to help the company maximize its growth potential in terms of volume, share and profit.
The VP of Sales will be responsible for developing and achieving division sales and service goals through strategic management of the Outbound, Inbound, and Training teams. The person will be a part of the leadership team, interfacing with key functional areas by providing perspectives on sales, market and competitive conditions. The person will provide leadership, advice, mentoring and direct supervision to the Outbound, Inbound, and Training. Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This role includes a competitive base salary + bonus incentives based on individual and company performance.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Manage the sales teams and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Hire and develop sales management and ensure there’s on-going development for the Sales Representatives
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
- Define and oversee sales compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Contribute to customer expectations and to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education/Certifications Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA a distinct plus. Professional Experience This person needs to be a proven sales leader who has a track record of driving results. This person will likely have a minimum of 15+ years of total business experience of which 5+ has been in leading a sales organization, including managing large in-house sales teams, preferably in either direct marketing or relationship-based consultative sales. The hire will have demonstrated success in coaching, training, and motivating teams, as well as successfully selecting and integrating talent into an effective team. They will have the ability to adapt and navigate complex business issues in a fast-paced environment, be technologically savvy and have demonstrated experience building out a successful go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan.
ABOUT SKYWATER SEARCH
Start with your Short List
Led by a group of seasoned search industry professionals, SkyWater Search Partners brings new focus to a novel concept, “Short List Search.” Our purpose is to leave a lasting impression on the clients we serve by providing individuals who will make a measurable difference in their business. We strive to consistently deliver great results to our clients in a very timely manner.
Our practice areas are led by highly experienced executive recruiters who take great care in fully understanding client requirements and candidate qualifications.
• Accounting and Finance
• Information Technology
• Sales and Marketing
• Human Resources (HR)
• Supply Chain
• Consumer Package Goods (CPG)
Founded on long-standing relationships and hundreds of successful placements throughout the Twin Cities business community, SkyWater Search Partners is a proven resource for clients and candidates looking to quickly and confidently explore their “short list” of best choices. Count on us to find the best people – and the best fit.