We’ve been retained by an extremely high growth Med Tech client to identify a Director of Supply Chain that will focus on building out this function, hiring a team of individual contributors to support the day to day tactical efforts, revamp SIOP processes and forecasting systems and ensure a smooth implementation of the new ERP system.
This business has more than tripled sales volume and doubled headcount in the past 18 months – no signs of slowing down! Ideal candidate will have spent some time in a smaller shop to know the rigor of wearing many hats in a fast moving environment.
- Responsible for developing SIOP processes
- Develop strong long-term forecasting and planning processes
- Direct all aspects of the organization’s supply chain management and operations, including procurement, vendor relations, and supplier quality, and new product development procurement.
- Responsible for overall continuity of supply and active risk mitigation. Work with suppliers to resolve, quality, delivery, capacity and other issues as required.
- Report on supplier and commodity market analysis by monitoring trends.
- Define and regularly communicate the supply chain strategy.
- Evaluate current and new suppliers to develop and improve service levels in search of continuous improvements regarding total cost and efficiency.
- Ensure alignment of category strategies to business requirements and objectives.
- Conduct supplier contract negotiation, supplier selection and contract lifecycle management.
- Champion supplier development and regular business reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, or related required
- 10+ years of supply chain experience
- Demonstrated success implementing new systems and procedures
- Data/Analytics mindset
- APICS certifications a plus